Friday, June 8, 2012

Baby Shower: Bun in the Oven Theme


I can't believe it's already that time for a baby shower!! It really hit me when we decided to start registering for gifts... I kept thinking- "Wait, I just found out I was pregnant! Where did the time go??" Which in turn got me sooo unbelievably excited and anxious to meet our little lady AND started to stress me out because I kept thinking of all the things we still need to do. I keep telling myself  "One day at a time..."

I really couldn't have been more excited to share such a special day with my friends and family.
I absolutely {heart} throwing parties (with the fantasy of having a party planning business someday)... So when my two best friends wanted to get the planning started I was all in!

We decided to go with the theme 
"Bun In The Oven"

I found some cute invitations from Etsy.com. I loved the idea of having the creator/seller custom make my invitation and send me the PDF file to have printed where my little heart desired.

Here's an example of the invite...



(**just FYI: Costco is my favorite place! They have a great deal on printing invitations. It has to be 6 x 7 1/2 size and you can upload your own personal invite on their website! Best part is that it's only $15 to order 50 invitations AND they come with envelopes for mailing. Smokin' dealio)
Here's a link to this sellers Etsy shop ---> Tipsy Graphics
She has lots of other sweet party ideas and invites!

Here's how the rest of the party turned out...



{the oven I made to go with the theme}




A little watermelon fruit carriage


A little baby game where the bags spelled out "BABY SOPHIA". Each bag had a different letter on it and you had to guess the baby item that was in each bag starting with that letter. Example "B" = bottle

A fun little mad libs fill in the blank "advice" for me & Grant. These turned out to be hilarious!

Here's a preview of the blank sheet 
(also made by the fabulous etsy lady who designed my invitations!)


My amazing hostesses & best friends (who are both prego too!)






These were the shower favors... 

{sign & favor tags were (again) compliments of etsy}

The favors were little take out boxes with a mini cinnamon roll inside.

We got the recipe for the mini cinnamon rolls off Pinterest (See Here) - not only are they delish, they only take 8 minutes to bake!

It was such a great day spent with truly fantastic people. I feel so incredibly blessed and thankful to have such amazing friends and family in our lives! Thank you to everyone who was able to make it and those who sent their best wishes- we love you all so much! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...