Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cupcakes, Love & a little Thai...

... is really all I need in life.

Just an observation..
I've come to realize that all my blog posts are generally about 3 things:

Food, Love, and Fitness.

Then there's the give or take a few about my pure obsession
with my widdle baby kitties Rexy & Stella.
I guess that makes up my life and if you're reading this
you may have some common interest or you're just seriously bored out of your mind.
Either way, I'll never know... but I'm secretly hoping it's appealing in some aspect.

So I did it. I made some Easter cupcakes...
As I was making them, I realized it's been far too long since I've made cupcakes!
I don't even think I made them for my own birthday- which is weird.
And for someone who's this obsessed with cupcakes
that even her Words With Friends name is:

Cupcake_lala

... going almost 3 months without making them is a little bit of crazy talk.

Here's how my little Easter creations turned out:
(excuse the iphone picture quality)




Here's a list of the ingredients I used :

-Funfetti Cake Mix
-Rainbow Chip Frosting
-Sour Punch Straws- Dollar Store
-Green Coconut Grass- JoAnn's Craft Store
-Peeps- Walmart
-Malt balls- Walmart
-Jelly Beans- Walmart

Oh and did I mention I love cupcakes?

Also for you ladies that want to do something Easter sweet status for your *love*
I would definitely check out some ideas over at "The Dating Divas"
Like this one....



They have the complete how-to with a free printable and everything
PLUS other ideas too.

Lately I've been on this MAJOR Thai food binge kick.
It's a bit ridiculous.
I find myself daydreaming about the next time I'll have Thai food. A lot.
I'm going to have to thank my friends Brittany, Addison, & Pat
for being responsible for introducing me to my new favorite cuisine.
And what makes it even cooler is that my Father-in-law
totally speaks fluent Thai too!

Love love love Mango Sticky Rice & Basil Chicken.
{mouth.currently.salivating}

And then it just so happened that I came across this yum recipe
on my oh-so-favorite SkinnyTaste.com website

Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken (lightened up)


Here's the recipe if you're interested too...

The list of ingredients looks a little overwhelming and I'd have to admit
it'll be my first "Asian" dish ever but I'm totally up for the challenge!
Soo keep your fingers crossed it actually turns out edible.

I might even invest in some chopsticks.
Happy Friday Eve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...