Thursday, February 17, 2011

abandoned ship status + cooking yumminess.

I've been in a SERIOUS funk lately.
I'm thinking its a combination of feeling so out-of-schedule
while being out of town for 3 straight weekends.

PLUS having our water heater completely bail out on us
  and flood our garage.

Then not even getting to celebrate the ONE day
out of the year actually dedicated to love
because we're fixing that trader of a water heater

And to add to all of this...
I have completely jumped off the "training" bandwagon.
Like full on, eyes closed, abandoned ship status.

I'm hoping to regain my motivation somehow... along with my sanity at this point.
If you see either of them, let me know.

I'm thinking I might just need personal day though.

Here's what my day would look like:

 hiring a maid, going on a reallllllly long bike ride + a run,
getting a massage & pedicure, treating myself to a movie
and then coming home to a sparking clean casa!

*sighhh*
that would soo make for a perfect day in my world

But since that won't be happening anytime soon, here's my plan:
(inspired by my aunt lisa- who is absolutely amazzzing)

I'm going to be more positive

**Ok let me just preface by saying I'm not this crazy negative person
(but who doesn't want to just be happier?) 
So I'm going to do a little experiment...
I'm not going to say ANYTHING negative
throughout a whole day. Nothing. Nada. Zip.
And not just for 1 day, but *trying* for everyday. 

It's sort of one of those things your mom used to tell you...
"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

I'm just curious if it'll help make my life happier if I focus on the good.

Anywho... So I made this YUMMM dinner last night, thanks to SkinnyTaste.com

Southwest Turkey Meatballs & Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce


So so so yum. It took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish
and everything cost about $20... PLUS I have leftovers.


I feel like this will be my next cooking attempt....

Chicken Piccata


I first saw this on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory
... which is SO one of my favorite restaurants but
can we TALK about how every meal is like 1,654,962,540 calories??

So thankfully Mrs. Gina over at Skinny Taste has come up with
a "skinny version" of the deliciousness.
Here's the recipe

{Happy Friday-Eve}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...