Thursday, November 11, 2010

surprise of my life.

Three words:

 Best Hubby Ever.

This weekend I felt like the luckiest girl in the world and let me tell you why...
It was my last game with the Locos (WoO HoO!) and
 mine and Grant's 1 year anniversary!

So there we were in the 1st Quarter of the football game
dancing on the sideline and the assistant to the dance coach came up to my group.
She told me that after we performed in the end zone, 
they were going to do a "captains tribute" so I needed to stay on the field.

Sure enough after we danced I was standing in the end zone
 with the other captains when all of the sudden I heard the announcer say
"CONGRATULATIONS AMY CROPPER ON HER
 1 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!"

And that's when I saw Grant running at me from the 50 yard line carrying this bouquet of flowers!!


He spun me around and then dipped & kissed me IN.FRONT.OF.EVERYONE.


I almost started bawling but I knew if I started I wouldn't have been able to stop. It seriously took my breath away. It was THE most romantic thing ever. It felt like we were moving in slooow motion- I remember thinking "Is this really happening??!" as I was shaking.

(It's one thing to dance with your whole team in front of a crowd but
its totally different when the spotlight is ONLY on you- talk about adrenaline rush)
 
 
Funny story that happened right before we performed and the whole schenanigans went down....  Grant was walking up to the camera man to tell him where we were going to be standing and to make sure to get it all on camera... as he was making his way down the side of the field he heard these little boys yelling "DAVID BECKHAM!!! DAVID BECKHAM!! IT'S DAVID BECKHAMMM!" He kept walking... then when he was walking back the kids yelled again, "DAVID BECKHAM!! IS THAT YOU??!" So Grant looks over and says "Yeah!" And totally fist pumps the kids! One of the kids turns to his buddy & said "SEE!! I TOLD  YOU IT WAS DAVID BECKHAM!"
Classic. I love kids.

Then after the game was over they let the fans come down onto the field and we all signed autographs and took pictures. Grant and I were standing there about to leave when this older man came up to us dressed in a super snazzy suit and introduced himself. He was Paul Pelosi... the owner of the UFL Sacramento Mountain Lions and he wished us a Happy Anniversary. He said he was going on 48 years now. Really nice guy. It wasn't until AFTER we left that Grant got on his handy dandy iphone and googled Paul Pelosi that we realized that he is Nancy Pelosi's husband (Speaker of the US House of Representatives).

After we left the game we met up with my
Locos Cheerleaders at First Food & Bar at the Palazzo for some appetizers.


If you're looking for a fun atmosphere and DELISH food...

GOOO THERE.
Overall it was an amazing night & one that I'll never forget.

I love you Grant Cropper.

6 comments:

Keri said...

you are such a lucky girl, amy!!! this totally made me cry! so romantic <3 BUT grant did it for a reason...he's definitely lucky, too :) thanks for sharing, this was so cute!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Tell Grant well done- i totally approve cuz! miss u guys- i can't believe its been a yr already! believe me it goes fast (our 5 yr is in two weeks! crazy!) congrats!

Amy said...

Awww Keri thank you!! You're so sweet :)

Thanks Lauren! You guys definitely come from a great family. This year has definitely gone by SO fast. Congrats on your 5 years!

Monica McCoy said...

Oh, so sweet! Congrats.

cmeeder said...

It was so cute!! You and Grant were just smiling from ear to ear. I'm glad that I got to be there for your last game!

Ditata Daily said...

He's a keeper! Congrats!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...